Repair or replace
When your A/C is struggling, it may actually be more affordable to replace the entire system than do a small repair. Why? Because new technology makes modern A/C units significantly more efficient, saving you money each month on energy bills that your old system would have leaked away into your attic or outside. Today’s best air conditioners use 30% to 50% less energy to produce the same amount of cooling as air conditioners made in the mid 1970s. Even if your air conditioner is only 10 years old, you may save 20% to 40% of your cooling energy costs by replacing it with a newer, more efficient model. When it’s time to replace your system, look for a model with a high seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER). Our Southern California team can help you determine which option is best for the size of your home and budget.
Signs it’s time to replace your A/C
If you experience a complete breakdown, you can contact us anytime for emergency service, and we’ll give you a better understanding of not only the price of a repair, but also the cost of a new system so you can evaluate your options. Even if your A/C hasn’t completely failed, keep an eye out for the following symptoms of an A/C that’s no longer doing its job well:
- The unit or ducts require frequent repair due to leaking, etc.
- The air conditioner is not energy efficient (ask us to test it for you!)
- The system doesn’t keep your home cool, or cools different rooms unevenly
- You’re tired of expensive utility bills that continue to increase
- Your A/C system is more than 10 years old, meaning the technology is less efficient even in peak condition
- Your A/C system uses expensive and unnecessary R22 Freon
A culture of quality
At Service Genius, we recognize that even the most trained and professional technicians sometimes aren’t perfect. We accept that fact, but we don’t accept that our customers might have to deal with anything less than perfect. That’s why we’ve teamed up with an independent third party to verify the quality of each of our jobs. If the slightest issue is found, we are back out to correct the problem, right away. Quality is a culture within our team.